All those Zoom meetings during the COVID work-from-home era have had people seriously looking at their smiles. Now that we’re all hopefully getting out a little more, it’s time to consider improving that smile!
You can correct your crooked teeth using invisible aligners with treatment known as Invisalign! No more metal braces. No gooey impression material. With a simple digital scan of your teeth, we can show you how awesome your smile can look! We’ve treated many satisfied patients with Invisalign since 2006.
With Invisalign you wear the lightweight aligners on your teeth consistently during your treatment— about 22 hours a day. Just remove them to eat and brush and floss. Each week or 2 you’ll change to a new set of aligners which will gradually guide your teeth into the desired position. Treatment times vary depending on your diagnosis. Most people are in treatment for four to twelve months. After completing your treatment, you’ll wear a set of retainers at night to keep your teeth in place.
If you’ve been thinking about improving your look, here are a few things to consider.
- It’s not just a cosmetic issue…crooked teeth (or malocclusion in dental lingo) can aggravate various issues including gum disease, jaw pain, and the ability to properly clean and floss your teeth.
- You have to be committed to your treatment. That means keeping the aligners in your mouth, except when eating and brushing.
- Each consecutive set of aligners feels a little strange at first, but most people adapt within a day or two. We recommend changing your aligners in the evening, so you are sleeping while the newest aligners are doing their initial work.
- You must have the ability to keep your teeth and gums very clean during treatment. That means brushing and flossing after eating and then reinserting your aligners. If you can’t get to brush immediately after a meal—you should at least rinse, and then brush as soon as possible.
- You will need to see the dentist regularly—probably every 6-8 weeks in order to check your progress and tweak your treatment. At each visit we’ll give you a few weeks of aligners to take home until your next visit with us.
- Why not whiten your teeth as well? We’ll give you the whitening gel during your Invisalign treatment.